Here Are Some Tips on How to Become a Reality TV Star
Have you ever aspired to make a fool of yourself on national television? The secrets to becoming a reality TV star are here, thanks to Mike Lush, a casting director who’s worked on MTV’s “Real World” and other shows.
He said, quote, “The biggest thing is showing me that you have big energy and that you’re a big personality . . . If you need to take a shot, grab a cup of coffee or go for a run, do whatever you can to get your energy up.”
Here are Mike’s six tips to nail your audition:
1. Toot your own horn . . . Don’t be afraid to brag about yourself because nothing is off-limits in the casting interview.
2. Be specific . . . When you’re being asked, for example, if you’re competitive, then talk about a time you went to “crazy lengths” to win something.
3. Crying is cool . . . It’s okay to be vulnerable. Showing emotion shows that you’re a real and relatable person.
4. Diversity is ideal . . . It’s important to see diversity in the cast to learn about different struggles from people who come from different backgrounds.
5. Dress and plan to impress . . . Be camera-ready and be sure to be in a private space for your interview and away from any distractions.
6. Stay connected . . . Keep up-to-date on your social media and follow the casting directors to see which shows they’re casting. Also, answer your phone, or the director will move on to the next person.