Top Rated Online Therapy
Online therapy is psychotherapy that takes place over the phone, through video chat, or messaging, rather than in person. The industry has grown significantly over the last decade because it fills a real need: research has shown that 70% of people do not have access to traditional, in-office therapy.1 But online therapy has made mental health treatment more affordable and accessible, even if you work unconventional hours, have children, don’t have access to reliable transportation, or lack health insurance.
In order to determine which online therapy services are the best, we surveyed over 100 users from each of the 33 different companies we looked at, then we sent detailed questionnaires to the businesses in order to gain further information about them. Here are the companies that came out on top in our reviews.
- Best Overall: BetterHelp
- Runner Up, Best Overall: Talkspace
- Best with Insurance: Cerebral
- Best for Couples: ReGain
- Best without Insurance: Wellnite
- Best for Families: Rethink My Therapy
- Best for the BIPOC Community: Ayana Therapy
- Best for Flexible Scheduling: Amwell
- Best for the LGBTQIA+ Community: Pride Counseling
- Best for Psychiatry: Teladoc
- Best for Group Therapy: Circles
- Best for Christians: Faithful Counseling
- Best for Tennessean: Saftey Net