What Question Should Be Banned From Job Interviews?
A Reddit thread yesterday (March 14th) asked: “What question should be banned from job interviews?” Some of the answers included:
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years, it is a pretty loaded question!
- Explaining gaps in your resume is annoying.
- “why should I hire you?”
- What is your biggest weakness?
- “tell me about yourself”
- “why do you want to work with us?”
- “What are you currently making?” or “what did you make at your last job?”
- “How would you handle situation ‘X'”?
- “How well will you work with your coworkers?” Idfk bro it depends how they act.
- Why are you considering a new employment situation?
- “how good are you at working under pressure?” From my understanding, that meant “you’ll most likely be overworked from time to time, are you okay with it?”
- I was asked once who my biggest role model is.
- “What Disney character would you be and why” I have been asked this at least 4 times.