16% Of People Say They Have Never Used This
Question for you: When was the last time you used a road map for a trip? According to a survey done by YouGov, 23% of adults say they still use a road map, while 16% of adults have never used one (shout out to Waze), Technology has made our lives so much easier that items that were common place 15 years ago are now almost obsolete. Listed below are items or activities most people rarely use or do anymore thanks to technology.
1. 7% of adults have never sent a letter in the mail. 55% still do.
2. 11% of adults have never owned a landline phone. 29% still do.
3. 18% of adults have never used dial-up internet. 5% still do.
4. 14% of adults have never used a public pay phone. 4% still do.
5. 6% of adults have never watched a DVD. 41% still do.
6. 16% of adults have never played music on a vinyl record player. 18% still do. And younger folks are into it. When broken down by age, 20% of people between 18 and 29 are playing vinyl, while it’s just 17% for everyone else.
7. 22% of adults have never played video games at an arcade. 11% still do.
8. 10% of adults have never used a printer at home. 57% still do.
9. 15% of adults have never paid for something with a check. 42% still do.
10. 21% of adults have never typed on a typewriter. 6% still do.
11. 9% of adults have never owned a dictionary. 48% still do.
12. 16% of adults have never used a physical road map to get somewhere. 23% still are using them for some reason.
13. 15% of adults have never purchased a newspaper. 23% still do.
14. 11% of adults have never used a phone book. 15% still do.
Courtesy of YouGov