Comedian Dusty Slay on Hits 96
Comedian Dusty Slay joined Gino D on the Afternoon Show earlier today to talk comedy, touring, and to let everyone know they’re having a good time!
You can also check out Dusty’s NEW half-hour comedy special which is featured in Season 3 of THE STANDUPS – streaming NOW on NETFLIX.
MORE ABOUT DUSTY:
• In July 2019, Variety Magazine named listed Dusty on their “10 Comics To Watch” list.
• Dusty has appeared on “Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon” 3x, “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” “Last Comic Standing,” “Laughs On FOX” etc
• Dusty has performed at the Grand Ole Opry 6 times. At 36 became the youngest comedian to have performed on that historic stage.
• Dusty’s comedy is largely focused on his childhood in the trailer park, his adult years in the workforce and as an occasional
blackout drunk. He thinks skunks smell like weed and leaves the serious topics like race, religion and politics up to someone
who, unlike him hasn't drank gas out of a water hose.
• Dusty Slay grew up poor on Lot 8 of a mobile home neighborhood in Opelika, AL. He now resides in Nashville, TN.
• Dusty’s job history is peppered with stints waiting tables and selling pesticides among other things.
• Dusty’s trucker hat, long hair, mustache, flannel shirt and oversized glasses aren’t affectations to cultivate a stage persona as the
B-side of a 1970s Bob Seger track – it’s just Dusty.
• For the last couple years and has been asked by the CMA to host their festival’s Forever Country Stage to keep fans laughing
between appearances by the biggest stars in country music.
• Dusty has shared the stage with Brad Paisley, Josh Turner, Bert Kreischer, John Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, Jon Reep, Bryan Callen, etc.
• In 2018 Dusty was selected to perform at the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival (Montreal) “New Faces of Comedy Showcase”
• Dusty has released two comedy albums: “Son Of A Ditch” and “Makin That Fudge”