Governor Bill Lee has issued Executive Order 23, which states:
Safer at home. Because staying at home as much as possible for a temporary period of time will protect the health and safety of Tennesseans by limiting the spread of COVID-19 and preserving health care resources, all persons in Tennessee are required to stay at home, except when engaging in Essential Activity or Essentials Services as defined in this Order.
The governor said he’s signing the order to “get these numbers back down.” The order will remain in effect today through April 14, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
TN Governor Lee is setting up an Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund. To see if you qualify, click HERE!
- Amazon is hiring 100,000 nationwide
- CVS Health seeking a thousands across the country
- Dollar Tree, which also owns Family Dollar, plans to hire 25,000 workers
- Domino’s is hiring more than 10,000 workers
- Food City is hiring 2,500 workers nationwide
- Papa John’s is hiring 20,000
- Walmart announced it will hire 150,000 temp workers by the end of May for their stores, clubs, distribution centers and fulfillment centers
- The Chattanooga “Room In The Inn” provides rooms for homeless women & their children
- EPB is trying to help customers avoid huge electric bills due to coronavirus job loss, please call 423-648-1372
- The Hamilton County Coronavirus Hotline is available weekdays 8a-4p and can be reached at 423-209-8383.
- Below are links to our television partner, NewsChannel 9, as well as links to the CDC and other local government agencies:
- NewsChannel 9 https://newschannel9.com/
- CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Hamilton Co. Gov. link https://twitter.com/HamCoTNGov
- Hamilton Co. Schools Twitter link https://twitter.com/hamcoschools
- Bradley Co. Gov https://twitter.com/BradleyCountyTN
- Bradley Co. Schools https://twitter.com/BradleySchools
- Catoosa Co. Gov Twitter link https://twitter.com/CatoosaGa
- Catoosa Co. Schools https://twitter.com/CatoosaSchools
- Walker Co. Gov. https://twitter.com/WalkerCountyGa