Has Pop Culture Ruined Your Name
What’s in a name? We all have one, most are pretty normal while some are slightly unique, but thanks to pop culture these names have been ruined.
1. Karen . . . No explanation needed
2. Mario . . . Associated with Nintendo
3. Chad . . . Male version of Karen
4. Katrina . . . Thanks to the infamous hurricane this one is a no go.
5. Hermione . . . It wasn’t a super common name before “Harry Potter”, but it was considered an “exotic” option. Now, it has a much different vibe.
6. Adolph . . . Unless you have not cracked open a history book, this is a bad idea to name a child
7. Siri and Alexa . . . Every time you call your child, your phone or smart device will answer
8. Dick and Fanny . . . Pretty self explanatory
9. Donald . . . This name will now be associated with Donald Trump
10. Waldo . . . Just go ahead and buy a red and white stripped sweater
11. Damien . . . Ever since “The Omen” the name Damien has been connected with supernatural evil.
12. Guy . . . No specific pop culture connection . . . at least outside of “Flavortown” . . . but it’s so widely used as a stand-in for boring, “generic member of the male species.” Like, “just a guy.”
Courtesy of (Lifehacker.com)