How Much TV (In Minutes) Have We Watched Since September?
Photo by Mollie Sivaram on Unsplash
Do you watch a lot of TV? Well, so does the rest of America. In fact, Nielsen says we’ve watched OVER 4 TRILLION minutes worth between September 20th of last year to May 8th.
The broadcasters and streamers analyzed were: CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, and Disney+. So this doesn’t even take HBO Max, or other channels like the CW or Showtime into account.
Of course, Netflix reigned supreme with 1.33 trillion minutes … while CBS was a VERY distant second with 752.8 billion.
Here are the total results:
1. Netflix . . . 1.33 trillion minutes
2. CBS . . . 752.8 billion minutes
3. NBC . . . 596.7 billion minutes
4. ABC . . . 471.9 billion minutes
5. Fox . . . 323.1 billion minutes
6. Disney+ . . . 245.4 billion minutes
7. Amazon Prime . . .173.7 billion minutes
8. Hulu . . . 128.1 billion minutes
9. Apple TV+ . . . 21.7 billion minutes