‘The Super Mario Bros. Movie’ Continues To Break Box Office Records
The Super Mario Bros. Movie is on a roll, breaking the record for the best third weekend for an animated movie at the domestic box office. Bringing in $58.2 million, the film beat out 2018’s The Incredibles 2 at $46.4 million.
Deadline reports that The Super Mario Bros. Movie has also become the third highest-grossing Universal film of all time at the domestic box office with $434.4 million. Jurassic World currently holds the top spot with $653.4 million, and E.T. is in second place with $437.1 million.
Box Office Numbers from Friday (April 21st) through Sunday (April 23rd):
1. Super Mario Bros. Movie, $58.2 million
2. Evil Dead Rise, $23.5 million
3. Guy Ritchie’s Covenant, $6.28 million
4. John Wick: Chapter 4, $5.75 million
5. Air, $5.5 million
6. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, $5.4 million
7. Pope’s Exorcist, $3.3 million
8. Renfield, $3.1 million
9. Beau is Afraid, $2.7 million
10. Suzume, $1.62 million