- 2 firm white fish fillets (about 5 oz / 150g each), skin off, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard (sub mayo)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley , finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (30g) parmesan , finely grated
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Preheat grill / broiler on high.
Combine the Crumb ingredients and mix well to combine.
Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper, then spread the mustard on the top of each fillet (top only).
Press the mustard smeared side of the fish into the crumb mixture. Press down firmly to make it stick. Then spray with oil (for extra golden crumb!).
Drizzle 1/2 tbsp oil in a skillet and preheat on the stove over high heat.
Once skillet is hot, place the fillets in the hot pan then place under the grill / broiler (about 5″/15cm from the heat source) for 5 – 6 minutes until the crumb is golden and the fish is cooked, rotating as required. Fish should flake in centre once cooked.
Oven option: bake at 220C/390F for 10 – 12 minutes, then finish under the grill/broiler on high to make the crumb golden.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges!
1. Cook time: The fillets I used were about 2cm / 4/5″ thick and they took about 6 minutes to cook.
2. Side suggestion – pictured in post with Creamy Mashed Cauliflower (low carb, super tasty alternative to mashed potato!). This Garlic White Bean Mash In A Flash is also a handy quick side. For a quick meal, toast up some bread, grab a handful of leafy greens, drizzle with oil and lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper – and voila!
3. Nutrition per serving, fish only.