What Is Tennessee’s Favorite Romantic Movie?
With Valentine’s Day coming up, you may be searching for a good romantic film to watch. Ever wondered which is most popular in your state?
Zippia.com determined the Top 10 romance movies based on how well they did at the box office, then Google Trends was used to gauge each state’s interest.
Here are the results, from highest to lowest:
1. “Before Sunrise”, 1995 . . . Seven states: Washington, Maine, Virginia, Illinois, Hawaii, Texas, and Minnesota
2. “Titanic”, 1997 . . . Six states: Alaska, North Dakota, Iowa, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Kansas
3. “Her”, 2014 . . . Six states: California, South Dakota, Rhode Island, Nebraska, Nevada, and New Mexico
4. “West Side Story”, 1961 . . . Five states: Utah, New Jersey, New York, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania
5. “Casablanca”, 1943 . . . Five states: Florida, Wyoming, Delaware, Wisconsin, and Missouri
6. “Gone with the Wind”, 1939 . . . Five states: Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, and Ohio
7. “Annie Hall”, 1977 . . . Five states: Arkansas, Maryland, Louisiana, Arizona, and Kentucky
8. “Call Me By Your Name”, 2017 . . . Four states: Montana, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Indiana
9. “The Shape of Water”, 2017 . . . Four states: Oregon, Connecticut, Idaho, and Colorado
10. “The Notebook”, 2004 . . . Three states: North Carolina, Mississippi, and West Virginia