Two-Thirds of Pet Owners Let Their Pets Sleep in Bed with Them
Photo by Josh Hild on Unsplash
There are a ton of pet stories out there right now, because it’s National Pet Month. But this one caught my attention …
A new poll of 2,000 pet owners found two-thirds of us let our pets sleep in bed with us now. And 7 in 10 think they actually sleep BETTER with their pet next to them.
58% of people in relationships said they’d rather sleep next to their pet than their significant other.
Two-thirds said one benefit is their pet acting as their alarm clock each morning.
Here are 5 more reasons we let them sleep with us …
1. Because they’re “part of the family.” 54% agreed with that.
2. It helps lower your stress and anxiety, 51%.
3. It’s easier to settle in and fall asleep with them there, 47%.
4. Your quality of sleep is better, 44%.
5. It makes you feel more secure at night, 42%.
A separate survey for National Pet Month also found 6 in 10 Millennials and 7 in 10 Gen Zers would rather own pets than have children.