42% of Adults Never Went on Vacation as a Kid
Chattanooga, Tennessee—(Wise Brother)
In a new poll, 42% of adults claim they NEVER went on a vacation as a kid, which is a real bummer.
They didn’t ask why, so it’s unclear if their families never went on any trips . . . if the getaways weren’t long enough to be considered a “vacation” . . . or if the trips didn’t count because they WEREN’T FUN. (You know, it wasn’t a “vacation” because I was with my family.)
The survey also asked people what they considered a “must do” trip that EVERYONE should do in their lifetime. Here’s the Top 10:
1. “Casino-hopping in Las Vegas,” 46% voted for that.
2. Touring the White House and other monuments in Washington D.C., 45%.
3. Seeing the Grand Canyon in Arizona, 42%
4. Seeing Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, 38%
5. Visiting Disney World in Florida, 36%
6. Visiting a volcano in Hawaii, 29%
7. Touring Times Square in New York City, 28%
8. Exploring the Greek Islands, 19%
9. Visiting the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, 17%
10. Swimming with the pigs in the Bahamas, 17%. (Yes, that’s a thing.)
The poll also found that the average person has SIX destinations on their “I’ll go there someday” list. (What are YOUR six?)
Image by Christo Anestev from Pixabay