80% of St. Patrick’s Day Fans Plan to Wear Green Today
Chattanooga, Tennessee—(Wise Brother)
Everyone knows a few people who will be decked out in ALL green today for St. Patrick’s Day . . . and a few people who’d refuse to be festive, even if you paid them to. But what are MOST people doing?
According to a new survey, about HALF of us are planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in some way, and 80% of those people plan to wear green today. Of course, for some that could be something minimal, like green socks.
Here are a few other stats from the survey . . .
1. The average person only plans to spend about $44 on St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. But about half of Americans say they’ll celebrate in some way . . . so that could add up to $6.85 BILLION.
2. That’s WAY more than a leprechaun’s pot of gold. One estimate claims the current market value for a pot of gold with 1,000 one-ounce gold coins is: $1.84 million. Or about $1.1 million after taxes. (???)
3. St. Patrick’s Day is the third most popular drinking day . . . behind Mardi Gras and New Year’s Eve. (It’s unclear where Presidents’ Day ranks.) (???) That said, St. Patrick’s Day is the #1 holiday for BEER drinking.
4. 88% of Americans say they’re “interested” in traveling to Ireland to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day someday.
5. 31% of Americans plan to cook a special dinner on St. Patrick’s Day . . . as opposed to just having Hot Pockets again.
6. If you’re looking for a nudge to eat cabbage: It’s really healthy. One pound of cabbage has 109 calories . . . 0.5 grams of fat . . . and 6 grams of protein. It’s also a rich source of vitamins C and K, fiber, and potassium.