Chattanooga, Tennessee—(Wise Brother)
This Sunday is Easter, so we ventured out onto the internet to uncover some interesting facts and stats. Here they are:
1. For some reason, people are staying home this Easter. In a poll, people were asked what they did LAST year, and what they plan to do THIS year.
67% of people spent time with friends and family last year, while 35% stayed at home. This year, 56% say they’ll hang out with friends and family, while 41% say they will stay home.
Compared to last year, a similar percentage of people are going to church (30%) and having a meal at a restaurant (18%). So the biggest change is just spending time with family versus staying home.
2. 90 million chocolate bunnies are sold in the U.S. for Easter every year. (Just PLEASE resist the urge to buy your kids a REAL rabbit. Taking care of a pet rabbit is a lot less cute than it seems.)
3. When eating chocolate bunnies, 78% of us eat the EARS first . . . 17% go for the feet first . . . and 5% make a point to eat the TAIL first. (???)
4. Cadbury Creme Eggs are a classic . . . but they’re also #1 in a poll of the WORST Easter candies.
Peeps are the second-worst, followed by Easter Candy Corn . . . the SOLID chocolate bunnies . . . and Oreo Creme Eggs. Generic jelly beans also made the Top 10.
5. With the price of eggs, if you’re planning to EAT your family’s dyed eggs this year, keep these things in mind:
Avoid eating eggs that have been unrefrigerated for more than two hours . . . above 40 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature somehow climbs above 90 degrees where you are, eat them within one hour.
And make sure the coloring was done with food-safe dyes or food coloring.
The Easter Bunny is at Hamilton Place Mall, Northgate Mall, Bradley Square Mall, Dalton Mall, and Bass Pro Shop, through this Saturday, April 8th.
Friday April 7th and Saturday April 8th
Hug-A-Bunny at the Chattanooga Zoo, 9am til 5pm. Arts & crafts, live bunnies, candy, bouncy houses & more. $10 or $23 includes admission to the zoo as well. ChattZoo.org
Saturday April 8th
12 noon at Rock the Riverfront, thousands of eggs will be hunted next to the Aquarium.
12noon 10,000 eggs will be hidden at Gilbert Stephenson Park in Fort Oglethorpe.
1p-3p at Mountain Arts Community Center on Signal Mountain. The kids will hunt for 8,000 eggs
Sunday April 9th
9am an Easter Egg Hunt in Coolidge Park with 100,000 eggs for the kids.
1p-3p a Community Lunch at the Bessie Smith Community Center on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. A free light lunch for all. Details at 752-4998.
Image by WOKANDAPIX from Pixabay