With the new year starting, Food City and Hits 96 want to help you keep your New Year’s Resolution with some healthy food ideas. Today’s healthy meal is a Frittata. Below you can find the recipe. Be sure to get each day’s menu item during the Kidd Kraddick Morning Show and enter it to win a $100 Gift Card to Food City and a Family Membership to the YMCA!
Basic Frittata Recipe:
- 6 large eggs, use 8 eggs for a 12-inch skillet
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, or any milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli or broccolini
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Whisk the eggs, almond milk, garlic, and salt until well combined. Set aside. Follow the instructions to make one of the vegetable variations below:
Broccoli Feta: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10 or 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions, broccoli, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender but still bright green, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the smoked paprika, then add the egg mixture and gently shake the pan to distribute. Sprinkle with the feta and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are set. Season to taste and serve.