- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water – (or vegetable broth)
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed (15-ounce)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes – (15-ounce)
- 1 cup corn – (frozen, canned, or roasted)
- 1 jalapeno – sliced
- A pinch of salt – to taste
- 1 lime – cut into wedges
- 1 avocado
- Some chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat the olive oil in a large pan or skillet to medium-high heat.
Add the minced garlic and cumin. Stir for about 1 minute.
Add the drained and rinsed black beans, chopped tomatoes, corn, chopped jalapenos, and quinoa, and stir well. After about a minute, add the cup of water and season with salt.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for around 20 minutes (until the quinoa is cooked).
In the meantime, dice the avocado.
After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the heat, and let it rest, still covered for 5 minutes.
Add the fresh chopped cilantro and the diced avocado and stir well.
Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Sugar: 1g