People Are Sharing Their Red Flags When Looking for a Job
Chattanooga, Tennessee—(Wise Brother)
There’s nothing worse than being on Day 10 of a new job and thinking, “This is a BAD situation” . . .
Fortunately, some issues can be spotted BEFORE you accept the gig. People on social media are talking about the red flags they’ve noticed while LOOKING for a job. Here are a few highlights:
1. Any use of the term “rock star.”
2. “Fast-paced environment” . . . The person explained, “That usually means absolute chaos with no one in charge.”
3. “Salary to be discussed” . . . “Every single job I’ve gone for where the salary wasn’t disclosed up front in the interview was severely underpaid.”
4. “Urgently hiring multiple candidates.”
5. “Unique challenges” . . . usually means “constant train-wreck.”
6. “Must have a bubbly personality.”
7. “Entry level” position . . . requiring “three to five years of experience.”
8. Being told during an interview that they’re not looking for people who “only come to work for a paycheck,” because “we’re a team.”
9. Extremely short or empty job descriptions . . . “You’ll wear lots of hats!”
10. And being hired on the spot may SEEM exciting, but it can be a red flag. If you’re essentially hired in the first few minutes they speak to you, that could be a sign of high turnover. Or worse.