Vegan Stir Fry Noodles
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- The juice of 1 lime – (or the juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger – (or 1 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 5 oz udon noodles – (or any other type of Asian noodles – opt for rice noodles to make it gluten-free)
- 5 oz firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon oil – (sesame oil or any other vegetable oil)
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 3 cups bok choy – (or any other veggies, see notes)
- 2 medium carrots – (or any other veggies, see notes)
- 1 red bell pepper – (or any other veggies, see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chili – (or 1/4 tsp dry chili flakes)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds – (optional)
- Finely sliced green onions – (optional)
Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or a jar.
Wash and chop the veggies into strips and chop the tofu into small cubes.
Soak the noodles in hot water, following the packet directions, then drain.
Mix the tofu with half of the sauce. In a large pan or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over high heat. Cook the tofu on all sides until golden brown and crisp for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan.
In the same pan or wok, add the minced garlic cloves and chili and cook for 30 seconds. Then add carrots and bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add any other veggies and green leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the cooked noodles and the remaining sauce. Toss well for a couple of minutes. If you like your noodles darker or more seasoned add extra soy sauce.
Sprinkle the noodles with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2034mg | Potassium: 643mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 16745IU | Vitamin C: 127mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 3mg