Baked Gnocchi With Spinach And Mozzarella
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Peeled and crushed
- 1 Large Onion Peeled and finely chopped
- 700 g Passata The type with added Italian herbs if possible
- 1 tsp Honey
- 80 g Baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 800 g Fresh gnocchi
- 300 g Mozzarella Cheese
- 25 g Fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan (one that can go on the hob and also in the oven).
Add the garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the passata, honey, spinach, salt and pepper and the gnocchi. (Also add the fresh basil if you’re using, reserving a few leave to garnish).
Stir everything (whilst still on the heat) for about 5 minutes until combined and the spinach is starting to wilt.
Top with the drained mozzarella cheese, pulled into chunks.
Put the pan into the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese is delicious and golden and bubbling.
Top with some fresh basil if you have some.
- Use passata with Italian herbs in to add extra flavor if you can.
- If your jar of passata is slightly smaller, don’t worry.
- This dish will be quite saucy, we like it like that to dunk garlic bread in. If you prefer it less runny, use less passata.
- Add some grated parmesan to serve if you like.
For Nutrition Details Click Here